Academic education and vibrant culture
Vietnam, a long S-shaped piece of land located in Southeast Asia, is constantly becoming more and more appealing in the eyes of foreign students. The Vietnamese education system is well known as a highly academic education system, since it particularly concentrates on theory and research.
In Vietnam, after 12 years of basic education, students have two choices if they desire to study farther: Firstly, there are colleges and secondly there are universities. Higher education institutions are improving and upgrading remarkably with the addition of many extra-curricular activities, active clubs and interesting contests for students to participate in.
The universities are mostly located in the two largest cities: Ha Noi in the North, and Ho Chi Minh City in the South. In addition, there are many other universities and colleges in different parts of Vietnam. Hence, it is easy for students to choose where they want to study and live there. Compared to other countries, the living costs are much lower – only about 5,000,000 VND/month (200 euros/month)!
University and college entrance exams are open for everyone. Candidates who rank 1st in their exams can be highly rewarded. There are also many kinds of scholarship for students who have good study results. These students usually have good chances of being invited to work in Vietnamese companies after their studies.
Apart from studying, travelling and enjoying the superb foods are the most wonderful things to experience in Vietnam. Buses, trains and planes are always available to take students to many interesting destinations. They can travel to the mountainous areas in the North in order to experience the culture of ethnic minorities’ and tasting their traditional food, or then there is the possibility of going to the South to see beach resorts, caves and many other beautiful places.
Top 3 reasons to study in Vietnam:
- A good education system which strongly focuses on theory and research.
- One of the most naturally spectacular landscapes in the world.
- A vibrant culture with a wide range of yummy foods and exotic customs.
Did you know this about Vietnam?
- It was ranked 17th from the 65 countries in the Program for International Student Assessment (PISA) test.
- It is the 13th most populous country and it has one of the youngest populations in the world.
- There are six different tones of speaking and many local accents in the Vietnamese language. A little change in tone or accent can totally change the meaning of the words.