Registration to studyadvisory.org and the use of its’ basic services is free. However, you will need to accept these terms and conditions in order to use the our Services.
You agree that by clicking “Sign Up”, you are entering into a legally binding agreement. Your Agreement is with Study Advisor Finland Ltd, which will be referred to later as “Study Advisory”, We and Us.
The term “Agreement” refers to this document. The term “Services” refers to studyadvisory.org and to all of its’ subdomains. If you do not agree to this Agreement, do not click “Sign Up” and do not access or otherwise use any of our Services.
Registered users of our Services are “Members” and unregistered users are “Visitors”. This Agreement applies to both.
2. Minimum age and service eligibility
To use the Services, you agree that:
- You must be at least 15 years of age at the moment of registration. If you are below the age of 15 you must submit a written form of consent from your parents to the following email address: contact (at) studyadvisory.org.
- You will only have one Study Advisory account, which must be in your real name.
- You are not already restricted by Study Advisory from using the Services.
Your account belongs to you and to you only. You agree to:
- choose a strong and secure password and
- store your password in a secure and safe place.
You are responsible for the actions carried out with your account. This responsibility ends when you close your account or report any misuse.
You agree that we may provide notices to you in the following ways: 1) a banner notice on the Service, or 2) an email sent to any email address you have provided, or 3) through other means including your mobile number and other contact information that you have provided to us. You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
You also agree to follow the law and this agreement.
Study Advisory or You may terminate this Agreement at any time with notice to the other party. This agreement is effective until termination. If You choose to no longer accept these terms and conditions you must close your account.
After termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. We have following rights after termination:
- To use and disclose your feedback.
- To use Your public comments and reviews posted through the service in programmatic code.
- Other rights described in this agreement.
4. Changes to these Terms
5. Rights and Limits
As between You and Us, You own the content and information that you submit or post to the services. You are responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from that content. This will apply regardless of what, i.e. text, graphic, video, audio or software code, the content constitutes.
You will grant Study Advisory a worldwide, transferable and sub-licensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and process information and content that you provide through our Services, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or to others.
You may end this license by closing your account, except to the extent that you have shared it with others as part of the Service and they have copied or stored it.
You agree that we may access, store and use any information that you provide. We use your information to a) provide a better user experience for you b) give our university clients an overview of persons who have visited and shared their profile.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding our Services to Study Advisory, you agree that Study Advisory can use and share such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
You agree to only provide content or information if that content does not violate the law nor anyone’s rights. Study Advisory may be required by law to remove certain information or content in certain countries.
6. Service Availability
The Service is constantly developing and it is possible that we may change, suspend or end any part of the Service in our consideration. To the extent allowed under law, these changes can be effective upon notice provided to You.
When using the Services, it is possible that you will encounter content that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Study Advisory generally reviews content provided by our Members, but Study Advisory is not responsible for any harm that this content may cause. You agree that we are not responsible for third parties’, including other Members’, content or information or for any damages as result of your use of or reliance on it.
You agree that we have no obligation to store, maintain or provide you a copy of any content or information that you or others provide, except to the extent required by applicable law.
Study Advisory reserves the right to limit your use of the Services, including the number of reviews given and your ability to write comments. Study Advisory reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if Study Advisory believes that you are violating this Agreement or law or are misusing the Services.
Study Advisory reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. For example, Study Advisory logos and other Study Advisory trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with Study Advisory are trademarks or registered trademarks of Study Advisory. Other trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
To the extent allowed under law, Study Advisory and those that Study Advisory works with to provide the Services, disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of data, and non-infringement.
We do not guarantee that the Services will function without interruption or errors, and we provide the Services, including content and information, on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
8. Limitation of Liability
In no event will Study Advisory, or its’ suppliers or licensor, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, or any loss of data, opportunities, reputation, profits or revenues, related to the services (e.g. offensive or defamatory statements or content, down time or loss, use or changes to your information or content).
9. Dispute Resolution
You agree that the laws of Finland, excluding its conflict of laws rules, shall exclusively govern any dispute relating to this Agreement and/or the Services. We both agree that all of these claims can only be litigated in the federal or regional courts of Tampere, Finland, and we each agree to personal jurisdiction in those courts.
10. Your Responsibilities
You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws;
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it up-to-date;
- Use your real name on your profile;
You agree that you will not:
- Add content that contains anything threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another´s privacy, hateful or is racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Act in an unlawful, criminal, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable manner;
- Add content that is not intended for, or inaccurate for, a designated field. This means for example submitting a telephone number in the “title” or any other field, or including telephone numbers, email addresses, street addresses or any personally identifiable information for which there is not a field provided by Study Advisory;
- Create a false identity on Study Advisory or create a profile for anyone other than yourself;
- Use or attempt to use another’s account;
- Violate intellectual property rights of others, including patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
- Create profiles or provide content that promotes pornography, violence, escort services or prostitution;
- Copy or use the information, content or data on Study Advisory in connection with a competitive service, as determined by Study Advisory;
- Copy, modify or create derivative works of Study Advisory, the Services or any related technology (except as expressly authorized by Study Advisory);
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services;
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by Study Advisory without our express consent;
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to the Services or related any information or data;
- Sell, sponsor, or otherwise monetize a Study Advisory or any other feature of the Services, without Study Advisory’s consent;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on our Service;
- Remove, cover or obscure any advertisement included on the Services;
- Collect, use, copy, or transfer any information obtained from Study Advisory (except as expressly authorized by Study Advisory);
- Use manual or automated software, code, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” the Services or any related data or information;
- Use bots or any other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contents, send or redirect messages;
- Monitor the Services’ performance, availability or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services;
- Access the Services except through the interfaces expressly provided by Study Advisory;
- Override any security feature of the Services;
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services, including spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms;
11. Complaints Regarding Content
We require that information posted by Members must be honest, accurate and not in violation of the law and intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties. We will process each complaint concerning content posted by our Members.
12. How To Contact Us
Vuorikatu 3 L 2