One of the most stable and richest countries in the world
Due to the fact that the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg (or Grand-Duché de Luxembourg in French) is a small country, higher education and its institutions have some specific features. The courses are taught mainly in French. Luxembourg has a multi-level system of higher education, including undergraduate Bachelor’s, graduate Master’s and doctoral programs or PhD.
The main university is the University of Luxembourg. It was founded in 2003 and has three faculties: the Faculty of Science, Technology and Communication, the Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance and the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Education Studies. Each faculty offers Bachelors, Masters and Doctorates. Among its most recognized degree programmes are the Master in Business and the Master in Finance.
Tuition fees in Luxembourg vary depending on the degree programme and education institution the student is applying for. Fees also change every academic year, and therefore it is best to check the university admissions document for up-to-date information.
Students who wish to pursue a career in Luxembourg after finishing their studies will find outstanding opportunities in international companies, given the proximity of the university’s close location to the government of the European Union. Banking and finance industries are also important in Luxembourg, the second largest investment fund center in the world after the United States. In addition to being the most important center in the euro zone for the private banking business, it is also the home of many European insurance companies.
Due to its location, student can also travel easily because Luxembourg is bordered by Belgium to the west and north, Germany to the east, and France to the south and is also a member of the European Union.
Top 3 reasons to study in Luxembourg:
- Diploma is recognized in the EU and beyond
- Reasonable tuition fees and living expenses in a beautiful, small country
- Programs in English, French, German and Luxembourgish
Did you know this about Luxembourg?
- 78 % of adults aged 25–64 have completed upper secondary education.
- Luxembourg is a founding member of the Benelux, European Union, OECD, United Nations and NATO.
- German is the first language, which is taught in schools of Luxembourg and is also used by the Church and media. However, all the businesses and official dealings are done in French.