Magnificent kingdom of wild nature and Vikings
Sweden is a Scandinavian nation of thousands of coastal islands, inland lakes, forests and mountains. Its principal cities, eastern capital Stockholm and southwestern Gothenburg and Malmö, are all on the sea. Stockholm is home to royal palaces, parks and museums. Sweden is famous for its wild and beautiful nature, making it one of the greenest countries in the world.
Sweden is one of the countries which is famous for the quality of higher education. The system of education in matters of teaching is different in Sweden from some other countries in Europe, due to the fact that they offer a lot of practicality in courses. The relationship between students and teachers is friendly, relaxed and informal. Besides, students take responsibility for their own studies, pursuing their studies on their own or in groups.
The number of first-time applicants to higher education students, people applied and who were admitted rose dramatically in the past years: 126 000, 403 000 and 257 000 respectively. People from countries outside of EU/EEA have to pay tuition fees, because the Government believes that Swedish higher education should compete in terms of quality and good conditions, not just by providing free education. However, many appealing scholarships are on offer.
Swedish education is based on several principles that each university should comply, for example, knowledge and skills in the relevant areas, an ability to make independent critical assessments, an ability to identify, formulate and solve problems, preparedness for changes in the student’s professional life.
There is a lot of nature to explore and conservancy area covers a 10th of the country land area. Sweden can be described as the “wilderness of Europe” because here you can find a variety of untouched natural areas, virgin forests and crystal clear lakes. You can be assured that you will never be bored in Sweden.
Top 3 reasons to study in Sweden:
- Ranked among the world leaders in higher education.
- Experience equality and embrace diversity.
- Studying in the land of innovation
Did you know this about Sweden?
- Sweden aims to be one of the most R&D intensive countries in the world.
- Sweden is a constitutional monarchy and a parliamentary democracy, with the Monarch as the head of state.
- Sweden is one of the world’s most successful exporters of pop music. From ABBA to Swedish House Mafia, as well as Avicii, Roxette and The Cardigans, there always seems to be at least one Swedish act at the top.