One of the last undiscovered regions of the southern Alps
Bosnia and Herzegovina is a country on the Balkan Peninsula in southeastern Europe. The nature is famous for its deep rivers, lakes and Dinaric Alps’ forests. Thus, it’s a popular place for outdoor sports such as hiking and mountain biking. Whitewater rafting has become practically a national pastime because of the three adrenaline pumping rivers: Una in the northwest, Neretva in Herzegovina and the deepest river canyon in Europe, the unforgettable Tara River near Sutjeska National Park.
Bosnia has reached success in a cinematic and film heritage because a lot of them have been recognized internationally as they have won international awards ranging from the Academy Awards to multiple Palme d’Ors and Golden Bears. The Sarajevo Film Festival was established in 1995, during the Bosnian War and has become the premier and largest film festival in the Balkans and South-East Europe.
The higher education system is considered to be the oldest in the region. Ministry of Education and Culture RS is responsible for financing higher education. The Ministry of Education and Culture provides scholarships for students who achieved good results in entry exams. The Ministry of Civil Affairs in Bosnia is also responsible for international cooperation and responsible for the co-ordination and development of higher education within the country.
The capital Sarajevo is an amazing city with tragic history but versatile possibilities. Sarajevo experiences one of the worst and most brutal sieges in the history of humankind. The capital is also known as “Damascus of the North” or “European Jerusalem”. And that is what it truly is: a melting pot of different religions, cultures and influences. It is a city with endless possibilities – and that is why you should be there as well.
Top 3 reasons to study in Bosnia:
- Long history and background of education
- Explore the mysterious region of southern Alps
- There are plenty of recreational activities and amazing nightlife
Did you know this about Bosnia?
- According to the World Tourism Organization, Bosnia will have the third highest growth rate in tourism in the world between 1995 and 2020. So you better go while it’s not yet overly crowded!
- Higher education has been present in BiH since 1531.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina has the tenth highest coffee consumption per capita in the world.