Huge wealthy country increasingly investing in education
Saudi Arabia is a desert country encompassing most of the Arabian Peninsula, with Red Sea and Persian Gulf coastlines. Known as the birthplace of Islam, it’s home to the religion’s two most sacred mosques: Masjid al-Haram, in Mecca, destination of the annual Hajj pilgrimage, and Medina’s Masjid an-Nabawi, burial site of the prophet Muhammad.
Studying an undergraduate degree in Saudi Arabia will introduce you to this misunderstood and mysterious country. This is a destination perfect for students who want to get out of their comfort zone and experience a different world. Saudi Arabia is home to 24 state universities, offering diplomas, bachelor and postgraduate qualifications, as well as several private colleges, institutions and departments. Men and women are taught separately in different institutions.
The entry requirements for being able to study a degree in Saudi Arabia are depending on the course, institution and type of studies you want to do. Many courses are taught in English, but it is worth knowing some conversational Arabic, as it will be quite useful in your day-to-day student life.
University education is normally provided free of charge by the Saudi government, making this an attractive destination for international students. Some undergraduate degrees in Saudi Arabia will charge international students tuition fees.
International students coming to Saudi Arabia will almost always live in private accommodation organized through the university, as halls of accommodation do not exist in the country. Accommodation in Saudi Arabia is quite versatile, ranging from luxury villas with courtyards and swimming pools to modern flats. One bedroom apartment in a city center costs approximately 400 US dollars.
Living costs in Saudi Arabia are generally fairly expensive, and you need to notice the lack of public transport. In Saudi Arabia you can visit the Kingdom Centre Tower, Riyadh Gallery Mall, different Masjids and the City of Mecca.
Top 3 reasons to study in Saudi Arabia:
- Saudi universities are characterized by their scientific advancement
- Abundant excellent environments for academic research because of their advanced research centers
- Saudi universities offer outstanding care to scholarship students
Did you know this about Saudi Arabia?
- There are diverse educational and cultural environments in Saudi universities with international students representing more than 174 nationalities around the world.
- Saudi Arabia is the largest country in the world without a river.
- Jeddah Tower, also known as Kingdow Tower, will become world’s tallest building in 2018. It will also be the first structure to reach the height of one kilometer!