High ranked education, unique culture and unforgettable experiences
Russia is the largest country in the world and covers nearly the entire Eurasian continent. It is so big; it even has 9 time zones! If you take a train ride from Kaliningrad, the westernmost point of Russia, to Vladivostok, a large easternmost city, the beautiful landscape changes every 100 KM or so from outside the window due to the great size and diversity of the country. When traveling around, you will observe vast valleys, green forests, beautiful lakes and rivers, some rare and not so rare animals, as well as have a chance to get to know the good hearted people who live there.
If you want to take part in a more authentic cultural experience in Russia, you should travel outside the major cities of Moscow and Saint Petersburg. Even though these cities are iconic to Russia, the people living outside of them represent roots from older traditions, which have been followed for many generations.
The quality of education in Russia has always been one of the best in the world. Lomonosov State University, or MSU, have remained the top university of Russia for a very long time. In 2015, it has taken the 114th place in the World University Ranking.
In the higher education system, a university, institute or academy requires 4-6 years of studies to complete a bachelors degree. There is also the possibility for you to continue your education by getting a masters degree or PhD. In almost every university setting in Russia there are a great variety of faculties, so when it comes to studies, there is generally something for everyone. If your field of studies is not offered in public schools, you can rest assured that you will be able to find a degree program in a private school instead!
The cost of tuition for studying in one of the highest ranked educational institutes of Russia can be quite high (around 5 000 EUR per year), but these prices are very affordable in comparison to other other countries. Every educational organisation has student accommodation available for international students, which can be the most affordable way to live in, for example, Moscow; one of the most expensive cities in the world.
Top 3 reasons to study in Russia:
- High quality education at a competitive cost of tuition.
- Student benefits to lower cost of living.
- Discovering for yourself the true spirit of Russia.
Did you know this about Russia?
- There are more than 800 higher education universities in Russia, and they are governed by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
- Competing with only New York City, London and Hong Kong according to Forbes, Moscow is one of the top cities with the highest population of billionaires calling it home.
- Want to buy a bunch of flowers for someone special? Never give them to someone in an even number! This is considered bad luck, and flowers given in even numbers are also linked to funerals.