World-leading education and high standard of living
Singapore is known as a small island city-state off southern Malaysia. People all around the world consider Singapore as an ideal place to study. Singapore’s education system aims to unearth and cultivate the hidden talents of every single student and to nurture their personal passions and interests.
There are different levels in the Singaporean higher education system. After Pre-Universities, students can choose to study in junior colleges, polytechnics or institutions of technical education. Singapore’s education came first in the largest global ranking of schools published by the OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development).
Singapore has four national languages but among all of them, English is the official and the most common one. Foreign students don’t necessarily need to learn a new language when studying there, as English is enough.
The living standard in Singapore is well worth the expenses. You can enjoy plenty of terrific amenities of life when you study in Singapore. Food will cost you around S$325-S$500 per month and transportation and the other costs will be approximately S$100-S$200 per month. In addition to the fact that Singapore is a diversely cultural and beautiful place to live in, it is an extremely safe country. Strict laws and heavy punishment have been enforced to ensure security.
Singapore is regarded as the centre of South East Asia. From there, it is much easier for students to travel to many other Asian countries with low costs and incredible cultures.
Top 3 reasons to study in Singapore:
- Top quality education in Asia and in the world
- Opportunities to develop your own passion and interests
- A bustling yet safe place
Did you know this about Singapore?
- Singapore has around 365 schools altogether, including primary schools, secondary schools, junior colleges, and mixed-level schools.
- Singapore is one of the only three surviving city-states in the world. It doesn’t have a capital.
- Singaporeans are the fastest walkers on the planet – so you better keep up with the pace!