You felt nervous when you stepped in the new campus? You got amazed when you understood a new culture? You felt reluctant when you left from the host University? That’s right! Join Study Advisory’s writing competition and win $500 HKD/$65 USD/$60 EUR by writing us an article about your life of exchange!
Submit your entries on or before
- Failure in following the below guidelines may lead to disqualification
- Entries must be in English
- Content should be related to the school life of an exchange student, it can include the school culture, unforgettable experience or any touching stories
- Around 400-600 words
- The entries should be sent to coordinator@StudyAdvisory.org with a subject “Exchange Students Writing Competition 2016_Full Name_1st Entry” and it should be in a .doc or .docx format
The document must be in the following format:
Personal Details: (Your full name, name of students’ organization representing (if applicable), pen name (if needed), email address , name of the home university, host university ,year of exchange , and how do you know about this contest)
Brief Introduction: (50-100 words brief introduction of yourself or the place that you have been to exchange)
- The submission deadline is 15th February 2017. Study Advisory reserves the right to extend the closing date for a reasonable period where an insufficient number of the entries received have satisfied the entry and judging criteria.
- Maximum five photos can be included in the article to enrich the content but they will NOT be evaluated
- Submitted entries must be original, must be your own work and must not be published on other websites or publications
- Open to everyone
- Edited to the best of your ability for spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Unlimited entries can be submitted per person
- The applicant must like our Facebook page and share the page of writing competition (privacy should be set to public )
- If you submit materials to us, you agree:
(1) to grant us a royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to use, copy, distribute, publish, republish, store, archive, syndicate, sub-license, transmit, adapt, edit, create derivative works from, perform, exercise publicity and copyright rights in relation to such material (including any ideas, concepts or formats) in any manner and in any format and/or media;
(2) to any moral rights in the material submitted;
(3) that we may disclose your identity to any third party making any claim or assertion of any kind in relation to your material; and
In submitting material to us, you warrant that any material you submit:
(4) is your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights;
(5) is not obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including, without limitation, copyright) or otherwise in breach of or violates any applicable law or regulation or code, and you shall indemnify us and keep us fully indemnified against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of publishing material you submit to us, including consequential losses.
We may choose to publish or not publish any material you submit to us and exercise our rights in relation to that material in our absolute discretion.
We accept no liability for any content submitted by you or other users and third parties. We do not vet or pre-screen any material that you or other users and third parties have submitted to the Site, however we reserve the right to remove, at any time and without reason or prior notice or any liability any material submitted by you or other users and third parties.